Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Confused. Lost. Found.

      I'm in a season of waiting. Waiting to see what is my next chapter after undergrad at UIC. Waiting to see when engagement and marriage will come into play. Waiting for this semester to end. Waiting for my next semester to start. Waiting to see if I get an internship next semester and when. Waiting to know if I can take the TEAS test somewhere here. Waiting. Waiting for answers.

     You know the verse: Be still and know I am God. Well, that is a verse if you didn't. I am finding in this season that God is the only person I feel at peace with during this time of waiting. Knowing that my future is in His hands and He knows my desires and plans. Sometimes it is hard to feel that. Sometimes I do doubt. On a daily basis I need to surrender my life to God because I do not have control. Even when I think I do. I do not. God is definitely working on my prayer life and personal time with Him this season. I cannot go a day without prayer and going to Him with my worries and anxieties. Quite frankly, it is getting tiredsome. But I am learning that this may be happening because He is teaching me what perseverance is.. having a FAITH and HOPE in Him alone. Recently I looked over the story of Joseph (the one with Mary). Meditating on his perseverance to always looking to God throughout the journey of meeting married and when Jesus was born. Knowing where to go. What to do. And why did Joseph know? Because God lead him and he looked to God. Joseph persevered with all the craziness of Mary becoming pregnant and traveling around.

"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace" - I Corinthians 14:33

No comments:

Post a Comment