Friday, July 11, 2014

For all the girls

      This season of my life, I am learning to truly believe in the promises God has for us. I am growing weary of this world to be honest. I feel like I hate how women are seen in this world. I hate how some women may feel like they need to dress a certain way to be accepted. I hate how some women do not care what they wear. It pains me to see this all of a sudden.. really does. It hurts because I did feel like I needed to dress a certain way to be accepted. I felt all of this. And now, being clothed in dignity means something to me more.
     
     "True beauty emanates from a woman who boldly and unabashedly knows who she is in Christ."

      Ladies. True beauty is not on the outside. It is about how you represent yourselves to others. I say this with conviction in myself too. I need to stop wondering if I look pretty on the outside. I want to be the woman that people compliment on my personality and NOT my body. Now, Who am I in Christ? Who are you in Christ?

     "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer" - Psalm 19:14

You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit that you received from God and that lives in you. You don’t own yourselves. God paid a very high price to make you his. So honor God with your body." - I Corinthians 6: 19-20

     I am continuing learning how my body IS God's. What a relationship I have with Him.. He created me, He wants me, and even when I do not want Him.. He's there. He paid the price. He wants me to honor Him with how I represent my relationship with Him. He cares. Sometimes, I think to myself, would I do something different if Jesus is here or I am going to see Him. Because He is watching. My relationship with Jesus is serious.. it is not something I can blow off.. though I do sometimes. It breaks my heart when I realize I have. 

Thought of the day: Hows your relationship with everyone you know. Which people do you feel closer to and why. Do you have a relationship with Christ? Why or Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment