Friday, July 11, 2014

Promises

     So, I haven't written a blog since finals week haha. I'm sorry to anyone who liked reading them. A new job, summer school, and volunteering have been keeping me quite busy. Also, you know, hanging out with friends and Ned a lot before he moves.

      Anyways, for like 3 weeks, I have been feeling not "myself." It is getting harder to trust in the truth and promises of God. It is harder to "be strong" that Ned is moving to Charlotte soon. It does not help that I am waiting to finish summer school before I try and plan anything for after my undergrad. 3 more weeks! woot woot! Sometimes, I just want to know when things are going to happen.. that's all haha:)

     Question: Why is it so "bad" to show emotion? Why do people not like to cry in public? I believe in our society, the strong people are looked at the people who do not cry, who do not let their emotions get in the way of things. When  I think of these questions, the verses that come up are from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
     "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,  a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,  a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."
      There's a time in your life for everything. The next verse that I am sharing is a verse I am quoting every morning. I am at the point where I need to be reminded that God is for me even when I do not "feel" it. It's like, I know I should feel confident in God but why do I not. A quote that I saw on Pintrest totally described how I am feeling with my relationship with God. "It feels so good to be lost in the right direction" Oh, now the verse:

      "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful."          -Hebrews 10:23

     

No comments:

Post a Comment