Sunday, April 6, 2014

Ups and Downs. Listening.

      Lately, I feel my life has been going up and down and up and down. Like one hour something great happens and then the next hour something discouraging happens. One moment was that I was anticipating to find out what is wrong with my knee last week, but I have to wait for a visit that will be this Friday. Another week. I admit. I was mad at first.. even though I probably did not show it ( I tend to keep things like that that make me mad inside). I just have had moments like that a lot recently and it is draining for sure. But I'm learning that I just need to listen to God and surrender.

     I do get on rants sometimes with people. I have a lot of friends who are prayer warriors and tell me something encouraging or are praying for me recently and that is SO GREAT! My initial reactions to all of these was to ask for their prayer request and I would pray for them right then, but then forget it throughout my week. I believe God is teaching me how to take in how much I am loved by people He has brought to me in my life. God is showing me that I do not have to do something for my friends for them to like me, they already do and care for me. Even when I feel the crappiest and a failure. And guess what. It is just a SMALL glimpse of His love for me!

I Peter 5:6-11 is right by my bed and I look at it every time before I go to sleep.
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
      This verse reminds me that my God is great. Life is hard in this world but it will pass. The devil is strong, our flesh is weak. But being in a community is great!


No comments:

Post a Comment