Monday, February 10, 2014

Really. Valentines Day..

     As most of you all know. Valentine's Day is this week. Everyone is wondering what they are going to do to celebrate or find something to do and mourn with being single. People are asking one another what they are doing. Of course, I asked Ned what are we doing for Valentine's Day. Well, we are not spending Valentine's Day together. I was bummed at first, but then it just hit me. What makes Valentine's Day so special than any other day we have been together? Nothing.

      Now, I am trying to look at Valentine's Day a different way. Sure, it's not wrong to buy gifts and all for each other or go out with some girls or I guess guys too and just hang out. I'm looking at Valentine's Day a you can show love to your friends.. not just your significant other or lack thereof. But then again.. why should I give into a Hallmark thing. Sure, we can celebrate love.. but does that mean we do not love each other on other days? Anyways, this is making me think about how I should be showing God's love more and that I need His help with that. It's hard. I just want to live my own life. But. That is not why I am created to be.. or anyone. We can choose to live for ourselves but is that going to satisfy us forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment